Experience the Salzburg Christmas feeling
(this tour is only from Nov 19th to Dec. 26th!)
In this tour we drive to the northern province of Salzburg to visit the birth place of the world famous Christmas carol “Silent Night, Holy Night".
For fans of the world famous "Silent Night, Holy Night" Carol, this tour will guide you to discover the origins of the Christmas "magic" in the beautiful background of Salzburg. Your professional guide will bring you closer to the carol's birthplace “Oberndorf” as well as more stories of the composer Franz Xaver Gruber and the poet Josef Moor of "Silent Night, Holy Night". Visiting the Chapel you are invited to sing the famous carol with your "Melody Guide" just at the original place where this song was sung in 1818 for the first time.
We'll further discover the Christmas Market in Oberndorf,visit the beautiful Pilgrimage Church "Maria Bühel" to light a candle for the World Peace and outside you will enjoy a panoramic view of the alpine mountain lanscape and more.
On our way back towards Salzburg you'll enjoy a magical Christmas landscape of nature and villages, romantic wood, driving along the peaceful lake "Obertrumersee".
- Salzburg Oberndorf, Silent Night Chapel (we will enter)
- Oberndorf's Christmas Market
- Pilgrimage Church "Maria Bühel" (We light candles for the World Peace)
- Singing performance of "Melody Guide" with "Ave Maria" in the basilica.
- You can visit the Silent Night museum optionally!
- entrance fee (payment on the spot): adult 5 € / child 3 €
- Back to Salzburg (passing by Lake Obertrummer and some villages, we could sing a couple of Alpine X'mas songs)
- We warmly recommend the singing "Melody Guide" theme in your booking (no additional fee). Some songs include: "Silent Night , Holy Night", "Ave Maria" by Gounó/Bach", traditional Alpine Christmas songs (Leise Rieselt der Schnee, Oh du Fröhliche, ... Click here for more information). But if you're not in a "musical" mood, please let us know, to provide a non-singing tour.
- This tour is mostly a bus-tour, with some walking