"Silent Night, Holy Night", and more ( note: Tour for 200 years´Anniversary is performed in all seasons & every year from January 2018 on )
the tour available: 1.April - 15.Nov.
In this tour we drive to the northern province of Salzburg to visit the birth place of the world famous Christmas carol “Silent Night, Holy Night".
For fans of the world famous "Silent Night, Holy Night" Carol, even outside of Christmas time, this tour will guide you to discover the origins of the Christmas "magic" in the beautiful background of Salzburg. Your professional guide will bring you closer to the carol's birthplace “Oberndorf” as well as more stories of the composer Franz Xaver Gruber and the poet Josef Moor of "Silent Night, Holy Night". Visiting the Chapel you are invited to sing the famous carol with your "Melody Guide" just at the original place where this song was sung in 1818 for the first time.
After the Silent Night Chapel, we see a beautiful piligrimage church (*we enter here to light a candle for the World Peace, see the program below ) and outside the church you can enjoy a panoramic scenery of the alpine mountains.
On the way back to Salzburg City we drive along three peaceful Lakes ,you will enjoy a wonderful landscape of romantic wood and farm houses driving through beautiful rural villages.
- Salzburg Oberndorf, Silent Night Chapel (we will enter)
- *Pilgrimage Church "Maria Bühel"( We light candles for the World Peace. )
- *Singing performance of "Melody Guide" with "Ave Maria" in the basilica.
- Short hiking by the Pilgrimage Church "Maria Bühel" ( There´s alternative program at cold or rainy day that the guide will choose from various options.)
- Three beautiful lakes : Obertrummersee , Mattsee, Grabensee,
We drive along the wonderful scenery at the lakeside singing a couple of alpine folk songs!
- Back to Salzburg
enjoying the alpine scenery (lovely Lake Obertrummersee, Mattsee , Grabensee ,romantic alpine wood, villages with farm houses, mountains and more)
- Due to weather conditions, this tour is especially recommended between April and Octobre. However, changes to the itinerary can make a "bad-weather-tour" plausible as well.
- We warmly recommend you to request the singing "Melody Guide" option in your booking (no additional cost). Click here for more information. Songs to sing along or listen to : "Silent Night , Holy Night", "Ave Maria" by Gounó/Bach" and if wished a couple of alpine folk songs in the bus in summer time.
According to your wish you can visit the wonderful " Silent Night Museum" !
optional entrance fee ：adult 5 €、child under... 3€