Experience the Salzburg Christmas feeling for 200 years´Anniversary! We pray for the eternal World Peace!
note : Visiting X´mas Market is available only from Nov. 19th to December 26th! The tour offer available : Middle of Nov. - End of March
In this tour we drive to the northern province of Salzburg to visit the birth place of the world famous Christmas carol “Silent Night, Holy Night". Your professional tour-guide will help you understand more of the historical and cultural background of this birthplace “Oberndorf” as well know the interesting background on the composer and the poet of "Silent Night, Holy Night". Visiting the Chapel you are invited to sing with your "Melody Guide" the famous carol just at the original place where this song was sung for the first time! We'll further discover the Christmas Market in Oberndorf, visit the beautiful Pilgrimage Church "Maria Bühel" to light a candle for the World Peace , out side the church you will enjoy a panoramic view of the alpine mountain lanscape, and more....
On our way back towards Salzburg you'll enjoy a "magic" Christmas landscape of nature and villages, driving through a romantic wood , driving along the peaceful lake "Obertrumersee".
- Salzburg Oberndorf, Silent Night Chapel (we will enter)
- Oberndorf's Christmas Market （Alternative option: Silent Night Museum , payment on the spot adult / 5 € child /3 €)
- Pilgrimage Church "Maria Bühel"
- ( We light candles for the World Peace. )
- Singing performance of "Melody Guide" with "Ave Maria" in the basilica.
- Back to Salzburg (passing by Lake Obertrumersee , romantic wood , and villages)
- We warmly recommend you to request the singing "Melody Guide" option in your booking (free of charge). Click here for more information.
- Songs to sing along or listen to : "Silent Night , Holy Night", "Ave Maria" by Gounó/Bach", a couple of Alpine Christmas songs (ex. Leise rieselt der Schnee )